Designing and Leading a Purposeful Life
The Readiness Institute Summer Program gives learners the opportunity to upskill/reskill cognitive ability and competencies, develop greater social-emotional intelligence, and improve modern literacies that raise digital, cultural, and financial awareness. Participants will gain an improved sense of self and be better able to answer the following questions:
- Who am I?
- Who do I want to become?
- How do I get there?
- How will I continue to learn?
- How will I give back to my community?
Real-Life, Learner Centered
Learners will work both independently and collaboratively, under the supervision of mentors, in a variety of dynamic educational atmospheres. The Readiness Institute Summer Program offers stimulating and creative learning experiences that provide students with unique opportunities to:
- explore future career pathways
- establish habits and best practices to challenge intolerance
- develop positive financial-management habits
- build soft skills of communication and collaboration
- think about growth and development as individuals and citizens
- receive ongoing guidance, care, and inspiration from mentors
- match aspirations to opportunities through personalized coaching
- enhance digital literacy to thrive in a technology-driven world
- cultivate a sense of service and capacity for stewardship and leadership
- April 1
- May 7
- May 8–May 15
Application selection process
- May 17
Registration opens for accepted applicants.
- May 28
Registration closes for accepted applicants
- June 21–July 29
Readiness Institute Summer Program
When: June 21–July 29 (Monday–Thursday, 9:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.)
Where: Participants will take part in a mix of onsite, offsite, and virtual programs.
- Onsite programming will be held at the Readiness Institute.
- Offsite programming will take place at a variety of education, community, and industry institutions.
- Virtual programming will be presented over Zoom.
A maximum of 45 participants will be admitted to the program, and each will receive a stipend of $2,000 and a laptop to use while enrolled in the program. Transportation will be provided as needed. Students attending high school in Allegheny County have priority within the admissions process.
Apply to the Summer Program
The application deadline has passed.
Applications are being reviewed, and all applicants will be notified of their status through email and by mail.